Friday, August 19, 2016

Offroad Frosted White Dry

 
 Offroad Frosted White Dry portion from V2 tobacco is a twist on the classic Offroad frosted and Offroad frosted white portion. The little brother to Thunder Frosted. This portion is completely dry with no added moisture what so ever. This leads to an extremely long lasting portion with minimal drip. at 8mg/gram it is a standard strength portion with a sharp fresh spearmint flavor quite like the original and white portion. Coming in at .65 of a gram portion weight they aren't quite as full as the original or white.


 Classic style V2 can black with the new large catch lid vs. the smaller catch lid of the older Offroad line. White and blue design with ice cubes in the back ground gives a "cold" look to the can.



Offroad frosted white dry comes with 15 portions per can at roughly .65 grams per portions gives you a total weight of 9.75 grams of snus vs. 24 grams with Swedish match products such as General white mint. Upon opening the can you get a sharp smell of mint specifically spearmint with no hint of tobacco smell. No fluffing is required with this due the dry tobacco inside there isn't much to stick together. Once in the lip it provides a nice "burn" due to the mint flavor. Being a white dry portion these can get slightly irritating of used frequently due to the lack of moisture and the dry portion material, but they are still comfortable in the lip. Now on to the taste... what can I say nothing spectacular quality wise as this is a budget snus much like thunder, but the flavor is not bad or artificial. It gives a very clean flavor which after about 30 minuets you can start to taste a hint of tobacco and salt. After about and hour the flavor is still going strong with no drip what so ever. Around the 2 hour mark is where I get rid of it not due to lack of flavor, just because I like to chain snus and usually replace it with a different flavor. All and all a decent quality "Budget Snus" for what its worth at around 3 USD a can and usually 20-25 USD a roll you cant complain to much. Its not an every day snus for me I have my Odens cold and Double mint for my every day mint snus but it does get me by if I'm low on my Odens. I keep a couple cans around for when I don't want to burn through my stock of Odens while chain snusing. To me its like a cheap beer its ok to drink when around friends and in mass quantities but when alone I want something more premium with a little more kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment